Saturday, July 9, 2011

Angry Royal Rant 7/9/11


This likely won't be a long post, but I was just thinking about something today.

It's been well-documented (mostly by me) that the Royals' management have made some awful decisions in 2011. Some of these decisions being ones that have no clear purpose. Watching this is incredibly frustrating as a fan. We have no control over this, and to see our team getting screwed by the people who run it night-after-night can be infuriating.

I believe that whenever the front office makes a move, they should have to be upfront about why they're doing it. They should have to be held accountable by us, the fans, the ones who support them with our money. I'm tired of secrecy. I'm tired of "trust the process." They need to start explaining their bonehead decisions, or else, as far as I'm concerned, all they're doing is throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks.

In some bizarre, utopian reality where management has to answer to the fans, here are just some of the questions I'd ask:

  • Why add Kyle Davies, a career under-achiever who is 1-7 with an ERA over 7, into one of the already worst rotations in baseball? Give us one more opportunity to lose every week?
  • When we're already losing in bunches, why do you continue to play Matt Treanor, an old fart who can't hit a lick, but is supposedly good behind the plate? What is the point of that?
  • Why the constant lineup shakeups? Our offense is not the problem. If a player is hitting well in a spot- KEEP HIM THERE.
As always, I'll have more later. But for now, I'm going to go sit by the beach and dream of a world where the Royals aren't run by monkeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment